Have you decided to start a cryotherapy business? In this article, we will outline all the possible expenses that cryotherapy business may entail at the beginning. After filling in your numbers you will be able to calculate how long it will take to recover your investments and make your business profitable.
Let’s see what you will need at the beginning
- Cryotherapy equipment. Obviously, the most important thing. If you are going to become a serious player in this market, it is better to opt for a trusted cryosauna manufacturer and buy equipment covered by warranty, with all necessary certificates. Reliability and safety should be your number one priority. As for the price tag on cryotherapy machines, you might look into a cryosauna rental or lease if you are not willing to spend money on buying a cryotherapy machine. In addition, you can follow our news not to miss special offers;
- Proper ventilation. Your cryotherapy center should be well-ventilated to provide a safe environment for you and your customers. Do not save money on this and make sure to install powerful bathroom exhaust fan to vent to the outside;
- Furniture. Purchase office and changing room furniture – chairs, lockers, a sofa, a reception desk.
- Operator’s training. Well-trained personnel will ensure customer satisfaction, as well as the smooth operation of the equipment. Remember that Cryomed offers thorough training for our partners and distributors.
- Monthly rental costs for the premises. The area of your center should be at least 6m² in case of a Cryomed Pro cryotherapy machine. But, for example, cryosauna Cryomed One requires only 1 m², so you can go for the most suitable option;
- Liquid nitrogen cost. If you decide on a valve type cryosauna operated from pressurized tanks, add monthly tank rental payments to your nitrogen provider here as well. If you choose a Dewar type cryosauna operated from 40-liter unpressurized tanks, you only pay for liquid nitrogen. More information on the difference between the two types can be found here;
- Staff salary;
- Utility costs;
- Promotional campaign. If you need our support for your marketing campaign, contact us for promo materials and promotional kit.
In some countries, licenses or permits might be needed to operate cryotherapy centers. Consider looking into this issue well in advance to run your new business smoothly. Anyway, Cryomed has extensive experience in opening cryotherapy centers all over the world and we would be happy to give you advice.
Now we can calculate the profitability of your cryotherapy business
An average session time is 3 minutes. If you have at least 10 cryotherapy sessions per day, in one month (including weekends) you can have as many as 300. An average price of one session is about $35. So with this workload your center will be busy with cryotherapy sessions for some hours and a half daily, and your monthly income will be $10,500. Deduct your one-time costs and monthly expenses, and you will get your net profit. Of course, these calculations are very approximate, but they will give you an idea of what to expect from your business and how long it will take to recover your investment.
Promotion of your cryotherapy business
Hopefully, over time word of mouth will become a key driver for your cryotherapy machine business. Still, in the beginning you will need to make an effort to attract customers. First, you can start an online promotional campaign. Digital marketing is a flexible and adjustable tool that can help you without big investments.
Special offers can be another very effective promotional tool. You can offer different subscription packages (monthly, yearly, unlimited) and discounts for regular customers. Gift cards or certificates are also efficient method to grow your business.
Finding the right location
The right place for your cryo chamber center might help in promoting your business as well. It is better to look for a place in the following complementary industries:
- Gyms and fitness centers. Due to many researches, cryotherapy has gained recognition as an essential tool in sports medicine. A lot of athletes, both amateurs and professionals, use cryotherapy as a part of their daily routine. Cryotherapy equipment is widely used for recovery and pain management, as well as in weight-loss programs.
- Recovery centers. Cryotherapy is widely used in recovery after injuries of various kinds.
- Spas and beauty salons. People come here for relaxation, wellness and beauty programs, including anti-aging. Cryotherapy could be the right thing to complement and enhance the range of services on the offer.
- Hospitals and medical centers. Modern healthcare facilities offer various alternatives to classical methods of recovery from injuries as well as to treatment of different diseases and skin conditions. Cryotherapy could become a powerful tool to support other treatment methods.
Who will benefit from cryotherapy machine business?
Starting a cryosauna business is a complicated but very interesting project that will give you a stable income. Interest in this type of treatment is picking up day after day. If five years ago cryotherapy was a well-kept secret mostly for professional athletes, now it helps reduce pain, treat skin problems, recover after injuries, speed up metabolism, etc. to numerous celebrities, fitness followers and ordinary people all over the world.
You can become a cryotherapy pioneer in your area. Take your chance and start your business now! We can assist you in many ways, feel free to contact us.
Cryomed ™ is a well-known cryosauna brand. Our products are used all over the world. We have no secrets – just high-quality products and flexible equipment delivery conditions such as trade-in, lease or rental. Do you want to become our partner and start your own cryotherapy business? Just contact us.