Every year, October is marked as Breast Cancer Awareness Month throughout the world. We in Cryomed fully support this initiative and want to remind that prevention is better than cure.
The science still does not know exactly why breast cancer occurs, as the reasons could vary from case to case. However, we came up with a short list of common recommendations on reducing the risk of breast cancer (and generally living healthier):
- Limit alcohol. Based on extensive research data linking alcohol to breast cancer risk, it is recommended to limit yourself to less than one drink a day, as even small amounts increase the risk.
- Don’t smoke. Evidence suggests a link between smoking and breast cancer risk, particularly in premenopausal women.
- Control your weight. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of breast cancer. This is especially true if obesity occurs later in life, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active. Physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight, which helps prevent breast cancer.
- Breast-feed. The longer you breast-feed, the greater the protective effect.
- Less stress. Researches show that women exposed to stress are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer than the non-exposed.
- Eat more vegetables (preferably green) and fruits, less red meat, and processed food. Mediterranean diet is the best solution!
- Visit your doctor at least once a year.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and improving the quality of life is what our cryotherapy equipment is designed for. We are eager to help people live their lives better, that is why we are working hard on our products.